Monday, May 18, 2009

Family happenings....

Well it is that time again where school ends and summer begins and Sami will be visiting with her mom in Kentucky. We are fortunate enough that I was actually scheduled to travel to KY the last week of May so Sami will miss the last few days of school and travel with me. We then meet her mom but not before we get to spend a night in the hotel hanging out at the pool. She loves to swim so I know that she will have a blast. Just hope that I survive the 5hour drive there and still have enough energy to get in the pool...if not then the hot tub is always an option. :)

Other things have been going on this week too....J got notice on Thursday that his last day would be Saturday and he will be laid off. Sign of the times I guess. We, like millions of other families in the US, are worried about how long this will last and hope that we make it ok without struggling too hard. Nothing that a little cutting back on spending can't cure. We are thinking that it should only be for the summer. And when you work in a steel mill that is a good thing. It gets to be well over 100 degrees in that place in June let alone in August! So this will be a good break for him. He needs it....maybe get to spend some time with his parents and he talked about possibly taking Justin on a weekend fishing trip. Maybe he will even be able to travel with me one week. I have built up a free flight so that might be a possiblity. Oh not to mention that we have a pool to put up, thanks to our neighbors who gave it to us. It may be a challenge though because our little village requires that we put a fence up around it...that can be costly. We might have to wing it and see what we can do....It will be nice if we can get it up and running....

This week I am in Missouri with the investigations side of my company. It is really interesting and I am learning a lot. I am glad that my boss decided to give me this oppotunity to see another side of the business. But next week back to the business I know...auditing.

Other than all of that, there is nothing really going on, hence the lack of posts. I will definitly take some photos of Sami next week enjoying the hotel pool and post when I get home.

No comments: