Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Canter Family Kitchen

Since I am not working anymore, I thought that I would try my hand at baking. I have always liked to cook and experiment but baking usually just consisted of homemade apple pies. Recently, my Mom bought me a large quanity of apples and requested apple dumplings. I tried several different recipes and Dad as my taste tester....decided that I needed to tweak the recipe to make them better. Once I did that, I have created an apple dumpling that my Dad says is better than the one he thought was great. Goal achieved.

Well I created a great dumpling now it was time to try someting else. My friend Heather bought me 2 large cans of pumpkin and I thought well I don't make pumpkin pies but I will sure find something to do with them. And that is what I came up with....pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing.

I plan to try a slight variation of this later today. I will let ya know how it turns out.
Mom is my first order for the pumpkin bars and I am accepting orders for the holiday season.
The Pumpkin Bars are $10 and the Apple Dumplings are $2 each. I will also take orders for my Apple Pies as well, they will be $8 each. I may add more items once I perfect them so keep an eye out for new and exciting things coming from the Canter Family Kitchen.
You can email me your order and be sure to let me know the date you need them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: