Monday, September 8, 2008

The Newest Canter

We would like you to meet Brutus Buckeye Canter, the newest addition to our family.
Let me begin by telling you the story of how Brutus came to be a part of our clan.
A friend of mine called me on Sunday (Sept 7th) to ask me if I knew of anyone that would like to have a boxer pup. She said that her and her husband were about to watch the OSU game on Saturday her husband decided that he wanted a specific hat that was in his truck. When he went out to retrieve the hat he noticed that there was a bag in the bed of his truck. Don't worry, it was only a bag of dog food. But it prompted him to look in the rest of the bed and it the far corner he saw a little puppy curled up resting. Someone had abandon this precious little guy, leaving a bag of food, a leash, collar and a worn out pool toy. When she told me this story, my heart was breaking. I can't understand some people and their actions. One good thing is that Heather and Rick are animal lovers and gladly took it in to find a loving home for the little guy.
So of course, I text J and ask him if he knows anyone that would want him and the response that I got back was "ME" and then I texted him a short version of the story and the response was still "ME", so then I text back "are you serious? I will go get him" and again the response was "ME". So , from there I called Heather and told her that I would be there in a hour to get him. When the kids and I got there she said that they had been calling him Brutus because had it not been for the OSU game that day, Rick may not have seen that bag of dog food until Monday and I am afraid the little guy wouldn't have made it. So in honor he is named for the OSU mascot Brutus. GO BUCKS! They won 2x Saturday....the game and with the puppy!
So there you have it, this is how Brutus Buckeye Canter came to be.....



We have all fell head over heals for Brutus....How could you not....just look at this face..
We were a little worried about Josie's reaction to him but she has done very well and he is so tiny that we are thinking that she might just take on the "mom" role. So far she is doing very well with him.


Can you believe the size difference...in no time at all they will be the same size....crazy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: