Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tears of forgotten times...

Just wanted to blog really quick about my evening. Tomorrow my son graduates from high school. We are planning his open house for later this month, so this evening my friend and neighbor Heather came over to help me go through incriminating pictures to display. Hence the title of this blog. Before Heather got here, I decided that I would gather up the old photo albums and of course the hundreds of loose pictures. While going through them quickly, there were a few that really tugged at my heart. Remembering how cute and cuddly my now almost 18yr old was brought tears to my eyes. You sometimes, have to really sit back and get the old photos out and just remember that time in the bathtub that you had colored foam and you put it in your 2yr old hair and made a mohawk....already having the camera ready for those great toddler shots(that you of course will use later in their life) as evidence that yes they were once a little stinker that thought that Mom was the coolest thing since the bubble lawnmower...ha ha
Then they grow up, you know that they will always need you but not as much as before. Not sure if I am just feeling a little old today or if the pictures have made me realize just what a great life I have had raising my son.
Tomorrow, will be the proudest moment in my life. He has struggled to get to this milestone in his life and I commend him.
Thanks Heather for sharing all of these great memories with me.
I will be posting graduation pictures tomorrow evening....stay tuned.

No comments: